Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Classical Rome Discussion

I chose Natalie's blog and Yo's blog for my discussion about Rome.  Natalie's blog interested me because she incorporated pictures of her own experience when she studied abroad in Italy.  Having close up pictures of both the Colosseum and the Pantheon show a more accurate display of how big they really look.  I would love to travel to Italy one day to see for myself how incredible the architecture really is.  I also like the fact that Natalie used modern applications that aren't exact replicas of the past, but use inspiration from that time.  I enjoyed Yo's blog for this topic because he went into more depth about how Roman architecture relates to Greece architecture.  He talked about how some current designers believe that columns are a "designer's nightmare", but I feel that incorporating columns into a design creates interest and length. 

You can view their blogs here:

Natalie: http://www.history1nml.blogspot.com/
Yo: http://www.history1ys.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment