Saturday, February 15, 2014

Romanesque Discussion

For the unit on Romanesque style, I looked at Hannah and Megan's blogs.  I noticed right away that Hannah used one of the same pictures as I did and that fact alone, made me want to read more.  Hannah talked a lot about the major development of churches, as I did as well.  She mentioned how vaulted arches and stone sculptures were two of the main elements of this time.  She incorporated a bunch of different churches that were great examples of these elements. Her current applications were also good examples that can help others see how we use this style now.  Megan also talked about the style of the ceilings, but I was really interested in her current application pictures.  I like how she found another person who blogged about Romanesque style.  The examples of the house really emphasize the Romanesque look.

You can view their blogs here:

Hannah: http://www.history1hje.blogspot.com/
Megan S: http://www.history1mes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment